Connect to AirVandalGold wifi on Linux
There is no automatic set up utility or documentation for University of Idaho’s AirVandalGold wifi network for Linux users.
I got it to work using these steps on Ubuntu:
Extract the certificate zip file to a permanent location in your home directory.
- From wifi menu, choose ‘Edit Connections’, then click ‘Add’
Choose connection type ‘Wi-Fi’, click ‘Create’
Give it a connection name (this is for your own use), AirVandalGold.
Under Wi-Fi tab add SSID: AirVandalGold
- Under Wi-Fi Security tab select/add these options:
- Security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- CA Certificate: Root-USERTrust.crt (click the directory icon, navigate to the location of the certificates you unzipped, and select Root-USERTrust.crt. Adding the other is not necessary)
- PEAP version: Automatic
- Inner authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Username: [your vandal web id]
- Password: [your vandal web password]
- Click save.
- You should now be able to connect!