_drafts is digital rough frame carpentry, a blog of notes, solutions, and mini-workshops to get things started.
I write notes to remind myself about how to do things, tips, and tricks. This site gathers them together so I can find and search them. It’s a memory tool.
_drafts is built using Jekyll, hosted on GitHub Pages. The “theme” is mostly an old version of Minima mixed with ideas from Kiko-plus. The home page uses List.js.
The content of this project is licensed cc-by-sa evan will. The underlying source code used to format and display that content (the Jekyll theme) is licensed under the MIT license. If you re-use some of my content, this jekyll theme, or use it in teaching, please let me know–I would appreciate it!
Workshops & Projects
Some of my workshops:
- Get Git (v2) (old version: get git
- go-go gh-pages (v2) (old version: go-go gh-pages)
- Get Started with OpenRefine: Explore, Clean, and Transform your Data! (old version: clean your data)
- Try Linux!
- write-md: Markdown and Pandoc for Academic Writing
- web-cites: Web Archiving to Fight Link Rot and Preserve Your Citations
- Fetching and Parsing Data from the Web with OpenRefine
- Hey API! / Refine APIs!
- Web Crash Course / Mini-Web Crash Course
- Hello Arduino!
- Make OER! / Teach Tech Hands-on
Some of my projects:
- CollectionBuilder / CB-GH
- workshop-template / workshop-template-b
- Digital Aladore / aladore-book
- poem choice
Last build date: 2023-05-26
_drafts by evanwill is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.