- OpenRefine User Manual (authoritative resource 2020+, the Wiki will eventually be phased out)
- OpenRefine Wiki
- GREL reference
- Big wiki List of OpenRefine tutorials
Keep in mind OpenRefine was called GoogleRefine from around 2010 to 2013. Many tutorials use out of date versions of Refine, but the basic principles and approaches should still be valid. The interface has remained fairly consistent, although some significant changes were made to menu options in version 3.0+ in 2018.
- Using OpenRefine, by Ruben Verborgh and Max De Wilde, eBook available at UI library
- Data Carpentry: Data Cleaning with OpenRefine for Ecologists or OpenRefine for Social Science Data.
- RefinePro OpenRefine Foundation, online course (formerly bigdatauniversity).
- Grateful Data, extensive tutorial covering harvesting and enriching open Grateful Dead data.
- OpenRefine Tutorial from Enipedia using university endowment data.
- Cleaning Data with Refine, tutorial from School of Data using African hospital data.
- Using Google Refine to Clean Messy Data, tutorial from ProPublica focusing on data journalism.
- Library Carpentry OpenRefine, workshop lesson with library data examples.
- Cleaning Data with OpenRefine intro lesson from Programming Historian focusing on history data.
- Fetching and Parsing Data from the Web with OpenRefine advanced lesson from Programming Historian focusing on historical data, using GREL and Jython.
- Handy OpenRefine Functions to Remember, notes about useful GREL functions.